EFG In-flight has set the highest standards with regard to health, safety and security in our purpose built facility at Shannon, in order to provide a top-class catering service to customers. EFG In-flight process, handle and deliver all catering requirements of airlines operating through Shannon Airport, involving scheduled, chartered and executive jet aircraft.
In order to meet legislative requirements with regard to Food Safety, we have implemented a Food Safety Management Systems incorporating HACCP as an integral part of the system.
The system is designed to achieve the following aims:
- To provide formal documented Management Control Systems for the operation of Food Safety in a constantly changing environment;
- To enhance the image of the company by providing objective evidence of its commitment to Food Safety Issues;
- To encourage and reinforce in staff a customer-centered food safety culture and determination to provide quality products that conform to customer requirements.
The overall responsibility for the management of EFG In-flight lies with our two principals, Ean Malone and Fiona Barry. If you would like to tour our facility, we would be delighted to arrange a meeting with Katarzyna Rempinska, our Quality Control Manager.
The operation of our facility is governed in the first instance by the European Communities (Hygiene of Foodstuffs) Regulations 2000, and European Communities (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations 1998.
Our compliance with Irish and European Law is monitored first and foremost by The Mid-Western Health Services Executive, however our unit is also audited on a regular basis by the following organisations and authorities.
- Irish Aviation Authority
- The TSA
- US Vetcom
- US Customs and Border Protection
- The FDA
- The Commission for Aviation Regulation
- Health service Executive